Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Israel's TV Buddhas Brings the Rock to Pink


So we got the news they are from Israel. Well at least their EPK said so.  Their publicist says they are from Berlin.  When I was trying to get a supporting act for them, the manager for a local band asked me how I had affiliation with a band from Israel (will no longer contact that ass).    They are originally from Israel, but have found a residency in Berlin while recording their new EP We are Busy Bodies.

This trio team consist of a brother and sister, a husband and wife, and a complete road family.  Their first American tour started in the beginning of September. For six weeks, these band of rockn rolls will become Americanized with an extensive every day, city to city, cross country experience that they haven't encountered before.

On September 15th I received an email from their label.  "For Immediate Release,"  the band made a vlog (video log) based on their tour so far.  A band that has no friends, no family and no time for themselves, in a country where the face of music has drastically changed.  These DIY rockers face what a true American tour has become.

Through the hard aches of the music industry in the USA (big time fancy promoters, Hipster publication, and music consumer hype. Which I always say DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE).  The log shows that, their tour has been a bust.  Promoters are putting them as a headliner in clubs and cities they have never came across before.  The clubs are clearly empty, they are making under 50 bucks a day and living off that.  A frustrated amazing band that deserves the right crowd and maybe the right club to turn their depressed, frustrated, almost frantic tour into something to write home about.

With local act The Displaced headlining the 26th of September at Bar Pink, the show might change the way the rest of their tour goes.  San Diego is their first city in California, making their west coast tour maybe something they are looking for during their six weeks of hard work and road wary.  I guess what I am saying is we west coast rockn rollers could probably turn their frowns upside down.

Ever since I heard TV Buddhas via Dang at Bar Pink and their label, I knew it was a must see show.  Their music was so enlightening.  Like if Modern Lovers married the Ramones and found garage rock near Motor City.  Is that even a possible way of explaining what a band sounds like?  I think so. Their album We Are Busy Bodies  makes you want to shimmy and shake while wearing your sunglasses in the night club and drinking your PBRs.  In my case I will stick to my whiskey and beer while I dance my face off in the front and hoping that you will be next to me as well doing the same.

September 26th with The Displaced at Bar Pink.  Be there or... well, you know the rest.  Like I mentioned in my tweeter update if you aren't there it must mean you do not like talented musicians and great rockn roll. (Or you aren't in the city.  But they are on tour so catch them in your city!)

http://www.myspace.com/tvbuddhas
Facebook
Twitter

No comments: